Artist-in-Residence Programme, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Post date: 06-Mar-2013 08:19:56
We are honoured to be appointed by the Culture Promotion and Events Office of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University as their Artist-in-Residence.
A concert will be staged on 12 April 2013 (Friday) 8pm at the Jockey Club Auditorium of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
The main feature of the concert, after the opening Villa-Lobos' Quartet No.1, will be musical collaboration with our friends:
- Nancy Loo, performing Dvorak's Piano Quintet in A, Op.81, 2nd and 3rd movements
- Stephen Chau, performing Gagnon's Sepia and Dyens' Tango en Skai
- Tse Chun-yan, Herman Ho and Felix Ho, performing Tchaikovsky's Souvenir de Florence, 3rd and 4th movements, which is the premiere of an arrangement for 8 harmonicas
The young harmonica quartet Veloz which we have collaborated with in the Hong Kong Arts Festival will add colors to the concert.
Last but not least, we are pleased to perform with the HKPU Students' Union Chinese Orchestra in 2 original and unique works for harmonica quintet and Chinese orchestra, both by local composers:
- world premiere of Hui Cheung-wai's new work: Tonight My Heart Flows a Rippling Brook 小河淌水夜心曲
- Mui Kwong-chiu's Rhapsody of Color Clouds Chasing the Moon 彩雲追月狂想曲
Tickets at $200, $150, $100 are available at Cityline and Tom Lee Music outlets from 12 March 2013 onward.
Before the concert, there will be a Meet-the-Artist Session on 25 March 2013 (Monday) 7:30pm at Chiang Chen Studio Theatre. Free tickets are available at the information counter of Jockey Club Auditorium.
An elementary chromatic harmonica workshop for HKPU students is being hosted by the Hong Kong Harmonica Association as part of the Artist-in-Residence Programme.